Modesty is a large part of my life and my beliefs as a women of God, but beside all that it makes me feel unbelievably feminine to wear skirts and dresses. I mean,I guess you can feel that way in pants, but there is just something about a skirt and heels that pants don't even come close to. At least in my opinion
.
I purposefully decided to go skirt-only a few years back. It wasn't because of my church. No one was preaching at me about wearing skirts. I just had this nagging feeling that maybe I was dressing for all the wrong people
.
Yeah, yeah. I have read all the articles and blogs on how we need to be modest for our Christian brothers. Don't get me wrong, I think it is definitely helpful for a sister to dress modestly. We all know there is enough skin being plastered everywhere, and showed off without shame. More than that however, I think that we need to remember who we belong to. I think that when we remember that fact, the choices we make regarding clothing will change dramatically.
Oh, I hear some of you out there. "God accepts me just the way I am", you say. Yes. Yes He does, but don't you want to be your best? If crucifying the flesh(Galations 5:24) means letting go of pride, selfishness, anger, lust and numerous other things, then why can't it mean letting go of our vanity? And while we are at it, isn't it really pride and selfishness that hold us back from making better decisions with regards to dress?--- "I" want to look good. "I" want to impress people. "I" want to feel good.
I. I. I.
It is interesting to me that to enter a court of law we must follow various dress codes, or we risk being kicked out. It is my understanding that the same is true for certain clubs even those that include golf. Golf! Yet we can't lay down our pride for the Creator of the universe. We are willing to wear anything, no matter how uncomfortable to be a part of a club, play golf, enter a court room and even have a job.
Think about that.
Those are the things that made me ponder and pray about how I dress. Will dressing modestly get me to heaven? No. Only salvation through Christ alone does that. Will I be greatly rewarded and blessed because of it? Honestly, I'm not sure; but I do know that laying everything down so that my whole life honors the God who so graciously saved me is worth every pain it may cost. He first loved me. I want to love, honor, respect and obey Him in every capacity. Even the way I dress.
BUT this post isn't about that. It's about what I wore during my first few days of the #OWHNoPantsNovember challenge.
I started the challenge a little late so I only have 4 outfits so far. If you go to you can check out my daily posts. I will also be checking in once a week on here and giving a brief over view of my outfits for the week.
This is what I wore on the very first day:
This was day 2:
I love this color combination, but next time I will choose flats instead of boots.
This was day 3 for me:
This last one is today, or day 4:
There is that skirt again!
I hope you join me on this challenge. It is a fun way to rethink skirts!
And modestly for that matter.
If you want to join in (and I really hope you do!!) here are the rules:
I look forward to seeing your outfits!
~Jumara~




Thanks for linking up, Jumara! I too have a denim pencil skirt that is pretty much my "go to" skirt! It's just so comfy and versatile!
ReplyDeletechristina
www.ourwoodhome.com